Anytime you share content, you want your audience to engage with it, comment on it, and share it. However, it’s not always easy to do that. It’s hard to get seen to start with, and you have only a few seconds to make an impact. According to marketing studies, the following are time-tested ways to ensure that you get more shares from your audience.
* Create a Strong Headline – Keep the headlines short so that they want more information. If it’s clear, they will be more likely to not only click, but also consume, like, and share. If your headline is catchy and not misleading, they’re going to be more likely to share it.
* Remember the CTA – If you don’t ask them to share, they may not. Always remember to tell them what to do. Tell them to read it, tell them to ask questions, and ask them to share it with everyone they know to look like a genius.
* Share Stories – If you put a human face and life on the information you’re trying to share, you will get more natural shares because people care about the stories of other people. It can be your story or it can be their story, such as by highlighting a featured customer.
* Pull on Their Heartstrings – Anytime you can use emotion, you’ll get more shares. Having a sweet puppy smiling back at the audience or doing something cute like covering up a baby, and relating it to business, can go far when it comes to sharing.
* Be Relevant and Useful – If the information you are sharing is useful, they’re also going to be more likely to share it. Useful, practical information is going to win out for your audience more than gimmicks if the content you’re sharing is not relevant.
* Make Them Feel Smart – People want to look good to their own friends (and their audience) so if you share smart information, they’ll also feel smart by sharing it. State in the share, "wow your friends and family by sharing this valuable information" or something to make it clear how smart they are for knowing you.
* Use Compelling Images – The images on your social shares are important. Sharing text without an image doesn’t work as well as sharing with an image. One way to overcome this is to create an image out of the text.
Getting others to notice and share your repurposed content merely requires that you seek out ways to get their attention. One way to do that is to ensure that you also like, comment, share, and engage with others regularly so that they want to with your content too.