Emerge New Jersey, Democratic political training organization, announces a newly formed honorary board chaired by the U.S. Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman, the first female Democratic congresswoman to represent New Jersey in more than four decades, and 31 other prominent Democratic female leaders in the state who have committed to supporting Emerge New Jersey.
These state legislators and other leaders include:
- Senate Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg (D-37)
- Senator Nilsa Cruz-Perez (D-5)
- Senator Linda R. Greenstein (D-14)
- Senator Shirley K. Turner (D-15)
- Senator M. Teresa Ruiz (D-29)
- Senator Sandra B. Cunningham (D-31)
- Senator Nia H. Gill (D-34)
- Senator Nellie Pou (D-35)
- Assemblywoman Gabriela Mosquera (D-4)
- Assemblywoman Patricia Egan Jones (D-5)
- Assemblywoman Pamela R. Lampitt (D-6)
- Assemblywoman Joann Downey (D-11)
- Assemblywoman Elizabeth Maher Muoio (D-15)
- Assemblywoman Nancy Pinkin (D-18)
- Assemblywoman Annette Quijano (D-20)
- Assemblywoman Mila M. Jasey (D-27)
- Assemblywoman Cleopatra G. Tucker (D-28)
- Assemblywoman Eliana Pintor Marin (D-29)
- Assemblywoman Blonnie Watson (D-29)
- Assemblywoman Angela McKnight (D-31)
- Assemblywoman Angelica M. Jimenez (D-32)
- Assemblywoman Annette Chaparro (D-33)
- Assembly Speaker Emerita Sheila Oliver (D-34)
- Assemblywoman Shavonda E. Sumter (D-35)
- Assemblywoman Marlene Caride (D36)
- Assemblywoman Valerie Vainieri Huttle (D-37)
- New Jersey State Democratic Committee Vice-Chair Lizette Delgado-Polanco
- Mercer County Democratic Chair Verlina Reynolds-Jackson
- Hunterdon County Democratic Chair Arlene Quinones Perez
- Sussex County Chair Leslie Huhn
- Somerset County Chair Marguerite Schaffer
"I am proud to serve as Chair of Emerge New Jersey's newly established honorary board. Since its inception four years ago, Emerge New Jersey has recruited, trained and inspired more than 40 Democratic women to run for office in the state and established a track record of success with Emerge women serving in office throughout the state.” said the Congresswoman. “With the addition of this impressive group of women on the honorary board, I am certain that Emerge New Jersey will amplify its efforts in the state and continue to build the bench of Democratic women serving in office.”
The honorary board of advisors will aid Emerge New Jersey with identifying potential candidates from their counties to apply for the political training program, engage members of their community to support the organization’s efforts in the Garden State, and contribute to Emerge New Jersey sustaining its operations and its ability to offer political training to Democratic women.
"Emerge New Jersey is energized and encouraged by the leadership Congresswoman Watson Coleman and other members of the Honorary Board bring to our organization," said Emerge New Jersey Executive Director Truscha Quatrone. "Each woman has guidance, vision and a commitment to New Jersey's communities that align with the mission of Emerge New Jersey. They are dedicated to championing women's rights and equality, and their expertise across industries uniquely positions each for our honorary board."
Emerge New Jersey will formally introduce the members of its honorary advisory board at its Second Annual Building The Bench Breakfast on Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 8am at NJEA in Trenton, NJ. The honorary board chair Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman will deliver the opening remarks for the event. In addition, Honorary Board Members Senator Sandra Cunningham, Assemblywomen Mila Jasey and Assemblywoman Valerie Vainieri Huttle will also share reflections on the voice of women in elective office.
General admission tickets are $175.00 per person and sponsorships are available. To purchase your tickets or get information about journal ads and sponsorship opportunities go to www.emergenj.org. The RSVP deadline is Tuesday, April 18, 2017.