(EAST ORANGE / ORANGE, NJ) - COVID-19 has resulted in us all living in a time when anxiety is high. People are stressed, worried, and some even lonely; but, love and kindness can calm fears and extend past the barriers of social distancing. This is why TAPinto East Orange/Orange is starting a challenge that everyone can participate in while still being safe.
If you have a relationship with an elderly or disabled person, or a single parent in the neighborhood, we are challenging you to reach out to them in the following ways while using #TAPintoRememberToLoveChallenge:
1. Call them to chat and see if they are okay. It is easy to get cabin fever while trying to avoid the coronavirus. A little conversation and companionship can go a long way.
2. Share information you have received like TAP articles featuring town hall updates, breaking news, closures, entertainment, and best practices to avoid getting COVID-19. Here are a few articles to check out:
- NJ Laws to Help Bring Emergency Aid to You
- East Orange Mayor Town Hall
- You Can Do Something About Price Gouging
- Found: Missing woman with COVID-19
- March Madness was Canceled, Now What Should We Watch?
- State Opens Hotline for Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Wake up, Wash Your Hands, This is a Thing.
3. If you are going out to pick up essential supplies for your own family, call to see if it is okay to pick up groceries, prescriptions, etc. for them too. This way, seniors, diabled people, and single parents with children they do not want to bring out, can all stay safe in the only place social distancing is guaranteed, home.
- Remember to call ahead and leave the supplies at the door to avoid exposing them even to you. Unfortunatly, in-person visits are not encouraged but hopefully will be again soon.
TAPinto East Orange/Orange is an online newspaper serving East Orange and Orange. We are a local news organization accredited by the New Jersey Press and Association. We take pride in providing the community with objective news, fact finding reporting, while featuring positive stories and awareness campaigns daily.
Got a news tip or opinion? Interested in advertising? Looking to write a column or to provide freelance reporting? Email us at YourNews@tapinto.net.