Among the many reasons to repurpose your content are boosting SEO, spreading brand awareness, and boosting credibility. But what does it really mean? Let’s look at a few examples of how others have repurposed content and how it works.
* Podcasting – Most podcasters transcribe their shows and post them as show notes. In addition to that, podcasters often create video in conjunction with their audio podcast. Using some of the information within each individual podcast, the podcaster can also use text, recordings, and images more than once.
* EBook or Report – Many people create awesome "how to" eBooks or information products. These can now be repurposed into a "how to" webinar, an entire membership opportunity, and a course - all from the original content in the eBook or report. Plus, excerpts can be turned into blog posts, articles, and social media updates.
* Slide Shows – If you have created a presentation using MS PowerPoint or other slide show software, you now have a huge opportunity to repurpose the slide show. The slides can become individual images or memes, turned into a YouTube video, and even an eBook. The only thing holding you back is your imagination.
* Lead Magnets – Any content you’ve already created for free (or for sale) can be repurposed into a lead magnet, often without any additional work. For example, if you have created checklists for a course, can they stand alone to help you build your list?
* Turn It into a Blog Post – Any content that you create for any other reason can be cut up and clipped and turned into a blog post. You can take the transcript from a vlog or podcast, clean it up, and make it a blog post about the topic.
* Syndicate It – Any content you publish on your blog or website is open for syndication if you look for places to get your content republished. You can also use sites like Outbrain.com to automate content recommendations.
When you start thinking outside the box and realize you don’t have to reinvent the wheel each and every time you need content about a particular topic, ensuring you have enough of the right type of content gets easier. Repurposing can make every piece of content you create do that much more, and create that much more business for you.
Next time, we'll look at other ways to repurpose videos.