(EAST ORANGE / ORANGE) - Well March Madness has been canceled. If you are staying home, waiting out the coronavirus pandemic and looking for entertainment, these are TAPinto’s East Orange/ Orange’s Top Twenty recommendations to watch.
- “Who Killed Malcom X" is a real gem and we highly recommend it. What we liked most about the docuseries was seeing local leaders interviewed like Lt. Governor Sheila Y. Oliver, Newark Mayor Ras Baraka, and activist including Baba Zayid. The series is so good, the Manhattan District Attorney's Office has opened a new review of the murder of Malcolm X.
- “Workin’ Moms” this show follows four women as they juggle love, careers, and parenthood. It is the perfect watch for real life working moms who need to see the realities of motherhood depicted on screen: postpartum, divorce, trying to balance it all, and more. This Canadian television show has 3 seasons streaming on Netflix with the 4th scheduled to come out this year.
- “Messiah” is an interesting show that begs the question, if Christ came back to earth performing similar miracles in the Bible, would the world recognize him? Or would he be arrested and placed on trial by ICE for crossing borders to help and heal people?
- “You” is addicting as it narrates the internal thoughts of a stalker and killer disguised as a regular nice easy-going kind of guy.
- “The Irishman” is a very long yet fascinating mob tale. If you ever wondered what happened to Jimmy Hoffa, or what the internal workings of the mob look like, this 3 hour and 29 minute movie leaves nothing to the imagination.
- “The Godfather of Harlem” if you are still feeling the mob vibe, this show will give you what you need. It transports you back to a time when Harlem was run by Bumpy Johnson. The lottery was illegal, racial and political tensions high, and everyone was dressed to the nines. This series will push and pull your emotions about a local criminal and his intriguing juxtaposition as an activist and family man.
- “Hillary” is a docuseries that provides an intimate never before seen view into the life of Hillary Clinton.
- “The Golden Girls” Looking for nostalgia? Hulu is streaming every season and episode. Sophia’s humor never gets old.
- “Barbara Walters Presents American Scandals” is perfect if you are obsessed with the country’s most high profile cases and some unsolved mysteries. JonBenet Ramsey, O.J. Simpson, the Menendez Brothers, re-explore what you think you know but this time through Barbra’s eyes.
- “The Murder of Laci Peterson” A&E on Hulu will challenge everything you thought you knew about the guilty verdict of Scott Peterson. Sounds crazy right? You have to watch to see what we mean.
- “The Kennedy's” The History Channel streaming on Hulu takes you on a fascinating walk through history in a TV drama kind of way. How well do you know the Kennedy's and their rise to power? Allegations of infidelity, inexperience, and corruption are on full display. Tune in to see for yourself.
You can always catch up on everyone's favorites shows on both cable or many streaming services too:
- This is Us (please have tissues ready)
- Grey’s Anatomy,
- Chicago Fire
- How to get Away with Murder,
- Revenge Body,
- All HGTV Shows,
- The Masked Singer,
- The Bachelor
If the world is forced to slow down for a little while, don't panic, enjoy this awkward time we are living in as much as you can.
TAPinto East Orange/Orange is an online newspaper serving East Orange and Orange. We are a local news organization accredited by the New Jersey Press and Association. We take pride in providing the community with objective news, fact finding reporting, while featuring positive stories and awareness campaigns daily.
Got a news tip or opinion? Corrections? Interested in advertising? Looking to write a column or to provide freelance reporting? Email us at YourNews@tapinto.net.