Upcoming testing locations are as follows:
- Friday, October 16, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Essex County Weequahic Park, Meeker Avenue entrance, Newark (Walk up appointments are available at this location.)
- Tuesday, October 20, 4 to 6 p.m., Essex County Public Works, 99 West Bradford Avenue, Cedar Grove
- Wednesday, October 21, 4 to 6 p.m., The American Little League Field, Reinheimer Park, 40 Bloomfield Avenue, Nutley
- Thursday, October 22, 4 to 6 p.m., Essex County Economic Development Center, 50 South Clinton Street, East Orange (enter the parking lot on South Burnet Street)
- Friday, October 23, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Essex County Weequahic Park, Meeker Avenue entrance, Newark (Walk up appointments are available at this location.)
- Additional dates will be announced.
Essex County residents with or without symptoms are encouraged to get tested. Residents age 8 years and older are welcome to get tested. Residents are encouraged to get retested if they have taken the swab or saliva tests 14 days ago or more and have received negative test results. Testing is provided free of charge; health insurance is not required.
To make an appointment, residents should visit www.EssexCOVID.org or call 973-877-8456. They will be required to complete a short questionnaire. When finished, they will be provided with an appointment time and a confirmation number. Residents should bring the confirmation number with them. They are asked to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment. Residents taking the COVID-19 saliva test should not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum 30 minutes prior.
TAPinto East Orange/Orange is an online newspaper serving East Orange and Orange as a part of a network of more than 80 franchised local news sites in NY, NJ, and FL. TAPinto recently won 3 of 5 excellence in local journalism awards by the Center for Cooperative Media in NJ. We are accredited by the NJ State Police, by way of the NJ Press Association in which we are long-standing members. We take pride in providing objective news, fact-finding reporting while featuring positive stories and awareness campaigns. If you want to submit content (press releases, events, etc.) for consideration, please do so by clicking the "submit content" tab at the right-hand corner of our homepage, and follow the instructions from there. Got a news tip? Interested in advertising? Looking to write a column or to provide freelance reporting? Email us at YourNews@tapinto.net. Sign up for our FREE daily eNews and follow us on Facebook.