Senator Patrick Diegnan, Assemblywoman Nancy Pinkin, and Assemblyman Robert Karabinchak are holding a press event with the Dismal Swamp Commission, Edison Wetlands and elected officials highlighting the Dismal Swamp Commission’s recent receipt from the State of New Jersey of a $200k appropriation championed by the 18th district legislators in accordance with effectuating P.L. 2009, CHAPTER 132 to complete the scope of work as outlined in the “Dismal Swamp Preservation Act.”
WHAT: Press event hosted by Senator Patrick Diegnan, Assemblywoman Nancy Pinkin and Assemblyman Robert Karabinchak to highlight state support for the Dismal Swamp and the $200k appropriation to finish needed surveying of metes and bounds of Dismal Swamp. The monies could also be used for greater access trails, signage, restoration initiatives, and educational and natural heritage programs.
WHO: Senator Patrick J. Diegnan, Jr.
- Assemblywoman Nancy Pinkin
- Assemblyman Robert Karabinchak
- Dorothy Rasmussen, Chair of Dismal Swamp Preservation Commission
- Robert Spiegel, Executive Director of the Edison Wetlands Association
- Mayor Tom Lankey, Edison Township
- Mayor Jonathan Busch, Metuchen Borough
WHEN: Saturday, June 2, 2018 @ 2:00 pm
WHERE: Triple C Ranch of the Edison Wetlands Association
206 Tyler Rd, Edison, NJ 08820
Note: Parking available.