EDISON, NJ – Edison school district nominated 18 outstanding teachers, one from each school as a “Teacher of The Year.” The Teacher of the Year program recognizes and honors the contributions of outstanding classroom teacher leaders (pre-K through grade 12) who possess a special talent for inspiring a love of learning in students of all backgrounds and abilities.
Stephanie Cardoso was recognized as Edison School District Teacher of The Year.
The following extraordinary teachers who were recognized for 2013 - 2014 Teacher of The Year award.
- Kimberly Mitchell - Edison High School
- Willim McMullen - J.P. Stevens High School
- Amanda Lister - John Adams Middle School
- Lisa Burns - Herbert Hoover Middle School
- Angela Smith - Thomas Jefferson Middle School
- Salvio Fossa - Woodrow Wilson Middle School
- Nancy Blaustein - Benjamin Franklin Elementary
- Stephanie Cardoso - Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary
- Lisa Durkin - Lincoln Elementary
- Allison Dunham - Lindeneau Elementary
- Lindsay James/Darlene Caggiano - James Madison Primary School
- Anne McCarthy - James Madison Intermediate School
- Emily Zazanis - John Marshall Elementary
- Erin Maurer - Menlo Park Elementary
- Lisa Romeo - James Monroe Elementary
- Yuliya (Julie) Bateman - Washington Elementary
- Marissa Tomasella - Woodbrook School
The Edison Township Public Schools is a comprehensive community public school system, serving students in Kindergarten through 12th grade from Edison, in Middlesex County, New Jersey. The school district has 11 elementary schools, four middle schools and two high schools that are part of the district, serving a culturally diverse student population.