MIDDLESEX COUNTY, NJ - The forecast is hot, hot, hot, but that's okay. Folks won't necessarily mind with the Fourth of July weekend on the horizon. Whether employers gave folks July 3 off or not, there's plenty of firework fun to go around Middlesex County from July 1 all the way through July 5. If you're looking for fireworks, concerts, races and even bounce houses, there's plenty going on.
- Sayreville - The fun starts at Kennedy Park at 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 1. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m. with a food court and hot dog eating contest prior. Rain date is Sunday, July 2.
- Carteret - Head to the waterfront for this celebration that begins at 2 p.m. and ends at 11 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
- Highland Park - The celebration starts at Donaldson Park at 5 p.m. and features the VooDudes. Fireworks start popping at 9:20 p.m.
- New Brunswick - Fireworks go off at Boyd Park at 9:20 p.m. on Sunday, July 2. Live music kicks off beforehand at 5 p.m.
- Perth Amboy & South Amboy - These two towns combine their efforts at Raritan Bay Waterfront Park on Monday, July 3. Fun starts at 5 p.m. with fireworks kicking off at 9:20 p.m. Rain date is July 4.
- Woodbridge - Alvin P. Williams Park in Sewaren hosts fireworks fun on Monday, July 3, starting at 4 p.m.
- East Brunswick - The East Brunswick Community Arts Center on Cranbury Road will be the site of a bunch of cool stuff on July 4 that includes music, bounce rides, food and of course, fireworks from 4 p.m. until 10 p.m.
- Edison - Papaianni Park hosts the fun on July 4, which starts at 4 p.m. and concludes with fireworks at dusk.
- Milltown - A whole day of activities are on tap in Milltown on July 4, starting with the annual Firecracker 5K at 8 a.m., a parade down Main Street at 10 a.m., rubber duckie races in the afternoon and of course fireworks at Borough Park at dusk. Rain date is July 8.
- Monroe Township - Williamstown High School will host fireworks on July 4 at dusk.
- Piscataway - Piscataway High School's football stadium will be the site of fireworks on July 4 at dusk. Fun starts earlier at 5:30 p.m.
- Cranbury - Village Park hosts fireworks on July 5 at dusk. Rain date is July 6.
Happy Fourth of July!