EDISON, NJ - Janet Baio passed away at her home in Edison on Monday, Sept. 15, with her family by her side. She was 61.
Baio had more than 25 years of successful experience in the hospitality industry in both the corporate and social markets, with her career culminating at the Pines Manor as the business development manager. She was a graduate of the Taylor Business Institute.
She is predeceased by her parents, Thomas and Helen Petrucci. Surviving are her children Dana Rose LaPenta and her husband Rocky, Gerard Baio and Alicia Rae Baio, all of Edison; two siblings, Diane Petrucci of Iselin and Martin Petrucci of Iselin; three grandchildren, Jonathan, Anthony and Isabella.
Baio was extremely involved in the her community, serving on the Edison Chamber of Commerce and multiple committees. She was:
- Past Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Edison Chamber of Commerce
- Past Second Vice Chair Edison Chamber
- 2010 Edison Chamber of Commerce Member of the Year
- Served on the Edison Job Corp Industry Council
- Served on the New Jersey Institute for Disabilities Board of Directors
- Served on the New Jersey State PBA Welfare and Survivor Board of Directors
- Served on the St Barnabas and NJ State FMBA Committee
- Served as Chair of Nominating Committee for Edison Chamber of Commerce
- Two Time Recipient of Community Recognition Awards
- Recipient of Honor Legion Award
- Recipient of Municipal Alliance Award
- Co-Founder of Market Share
- Served on the Board of Directors for Women Helping Women
- Served on the Board of Trustees for NJ Women’s Aids Network
- Served on the YMCA Board of Directors
Funeral Services will take place Friday, 9:45 a.m. at Costello-Runyon Funeral Home, 568 Middlesex Ave. (RT.27) Metuchen, followed by a 10:15 a.m. Funeral Mass at St. Francis Cathedral, Metuchen. Interment is at St. Gertrude Cemetery, Colonia. Visitation is Thursday 5-9 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Memorial Sloan Kettering, 1275 York Avenue (Between 67th and 68th Streets), New York, NY 10065 or the or JFK Haven Hospice, 65 James St., Edison, NJ 08818