Police & Fire

South Brunswick Police Add 10 More Charges to Burglary Suspect Apprehended by Edison Police

3f4cbb7814c755b5f8a0_Bruno2.jpg
Credits: South Brunswick Police
3f4cbb7814c755b5f8a0_Bruno2.jpg

SOUTH BRUNSWICK, NJ - South Brunswick Police Chief Raymond Hayducka announced Tuesday 10 additional charges to burglary suspect arrested by Edison police In October. The suspect, allegedly responsible for numerous South Brunswick residential burglaries dating back to last December, began breaking into homes in South Brunswick just before and after Christmas of 2013.

“I want residents to know that we follow all leads to solve crime no matter the how long it takes,” said Chief Hayducka. “In these cases, it took nearly a year and a cooperative effort with several law enforcement agencies to put the pieces together that led to the arrest.”

Detectives have charged Felix Bruno, age 32 of the Bronx, N.Y. with 10 burglaries to homes in South Brunswick from Dec. 12, 2013 to Aug. 1, 2014. The Edison Police linked Bruno to roughly 50 burglaries throughout Middlesex County and Union counties.

Sign Up for E-News

South Brunswick detectives learned that Bruno had been using rental cars to avoid detection over the past year. Police learned of Bruno’s travel in central New Jersey and coordinated with Middle Atlantic-Great Lakes Organized Crime Law Enforcement Network (MAGLOCLEN) to sort through data on his movements. Based on the data and an iPad recovered in the Bronx that was stolen from one of the homes.

A majority of the residential burglaries took place during the nighttime/dusk hours. The suspect used rear slider doors as entry points by either moving the door off track or smashing the glass. The suspect targeted jewelry and electronics in master bedrooms.

Bruno was charged with breaking into homes on the following streets on the dates below;

  • December 12, 2013 - Markus Drive  
  • December 27, 2013 - Raleigh Road, Hastings Road, Henderson Road
  • January 8, 2014 – Starling Road, Calvin Road, Roberts Street
  • June 20, 2014 – Matthew Avenue, Matthew Avenue
  • August 1, 2014 – Oakey Drive

“Edison Police developed a break in the case, East Brunswick Police provided additional leads, and the NYPD added their assistance. This is a text book case of multiple agencies sharing real time information and putting the pieces together to catch the suspect,” said Hayducka. 

Hayducka specifically recognized Edison Detective Steve Todd, East Brunswick Detective Joseph Bauer, and South Brunswick Detectives Mike Pellino and Dennis Yuhasz for their hard work and perseverance in solving the cases.

Bruno is currently being detained in the Middlesex County Adult Correction Center on $500,000 bail.

Other related story:

Edison Police Charge Bronx Man in Multiple County Burglary Spree

TAP Into Another Town's News:

You May Also Be Interested In

Sign Up for E-News

Edison

Outside Agency Sought to Provide New Brunswick Police Dispatchers

April 19, 2018

NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ – The city is seeking proposals from an outside agencies that could provide police dispatchers because the police department has been unable to attract and retain sufficient staff for the job, officials said.

City council members Wednesday passed a resolution seeking to seek proposals from outside agencies.

New Brunswick Business Administrator Thomas McLoughlin said ...

Stories About Juvenile Death Row Inmates Featured in New “Docu-play”

April 13, 2018

HIGHLAND PARK, NJ - The United States is apparently the only country in the world where children are given death sentences.

A new documentary play by Elizabeth Weill-Greenberg titled Life, Death, and Life Again: Children Sentenced to Die in Prison is being performed with coLAB Arts at the Reformed Church in Highland Park. The play will tell the true stories of people who committed violent ...

ESCNJ Named “Ambassador Program” Representative By Autism NJ

April 17, 2018

April is National Autism Awareness Month, and Autism New Jersey has named the Educational Services Commission of New Jersey (ESCNJ) its designated “Ambassador Program” representative for the week of April 20-27.

“We are honored and enormously proud to receive this designation,” said ESNCJ Superintendent Mark J. Finkelstein.

“Our administrators, faculty, ...

'The Sting' shimmers and shakes at Paper Mill

‘The Sting ‘slithers and shakes at Paper Mill Playhouse

By LIZ KEILL

MILLBURN, NJ – In a premiere production of “The Sting,” Harry Connick Jr. commands the Paper Mill Playhouse stage in Millburn.

Based on the sensational Paul Newman/Robert Redford film in 1973, the 1930s plot centers on a con game and gambling, sometimes on a train between New York and ...