Edison, NJ – The Edison Public Libraries recently introduced wireless printing for residents. The library is utilizing SmartAlec, a technology that allows residents to upload documents that can be printed at any library location.
“It's another step towards increasing access to our services and the digitalization and modernization of our libraries,” said Edison Library Board Trustee Neville Arestani.
In order to use the system:
1. On your device go to the library’s website: http://www.edisonpubliclibrary.net/index.shtml
2. Or you can download the SmartALEC app to your phone using Google Play or the App Store for Apple.
3. Click on the “wireless printing” link
4. Enter your library card number and pin or login as a guest
5. Upload the document to be printed
6. Documents can be release/printed at any Print Release Station at any library location.
“Now people can schedule printing from home or anywhere. Assign printing to any branch and when they come to the library they can just pay and get the printout,” said Edison Library Director Jane Jiang.
For more information, click here.