ELIZABETH, NJ - Community Access Unlimited (CAU) will honor a wide variety of professionals and organizations at the agency's 2018 Awards Night Celebration, to be held April 12, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the agency's headquarters at 80 West Grand Street in Elizabeth.
Community Access Unlimited is a statewide Union County-based nonprofit that provides support programs and services to adults with disabilities, as well as at-risk youth to enable them to live independently in the community. They provide support in areas including housing, vocational skills, and life-skills training, education, advocacy and recreation.
The years' award winners are:
• Roselle Councilwoman Denise Wilkerson – Partnership in Community Living Award
• ShopRite of Clark – Employer of the Year
• Erich Han William Kussman, Jr., of Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Springfield, a member of the Union County Interfaith Coordinating Council – Community Integration Award
• Zuleika Almanzar of Disability Services and Advocacy – Outstanding Community Advocate, Developmental Disabilities
• Frederick Idehen of Coordinated Family Care – Outstanding Community Advocate, Youth Services
• Mark Obler, a CAU staff member who opened his home to CAU members who lost theirs to a fire – Individual Community Service & Partnership Award
• TD Bank, Financial Literacy Program – Organization Community Services & Partnership Program
"These award recipients help CAU fulfill our mission of enabling people with disabilities and at-risk youth to live independently within the community," said Sid Blanchard, CAU executive director. "No one human services agency can achieve full community integration alone. It takes a sustained coordinated effort. These partnerships are invaluable to us and we thank them."
CAU's Awards Night Celebration is open to any member of the community but seating is very limited. Tickets are $25 for the awards ceremony only or $65 for the reception and awards.
Ad journal opportunities are available. For more information or to purchase event tickets or place an ad, contact Cara Clair, CAU director of fundraising and event management, at email@example.com or 908-354-3040, ext. 4376. Or visit www.caunj.org and click on Upcoming Events.