WESTFIELD, NJ — Jake Tooley, a Wesfield High School class of 2016 graduate, died Monday morning in a fire at his home on Prospect Street, according to a post on the Westfield, NJ Facebook group* by his brother, Sam Tooley.
To reader our earlier story about the fire, click here.
Jake Tooley had been a member of the WHS golf and cross country teams.
“My brother was an amazing man. Young, but wise beyond his years out of necessity due to what life had dealt him over the last few years,” Sam Tooley wrote.
“Early this morning tragedy struck,” he wrote. “A fire consumed our home for over two hours, leaving us with almost nothing. Our house can be rebuilt. Our possessions can be replaced. My little brother however, will be forever missed.”
A GoFundMe page has been created by Joe Petti to help the family.
The Tooley’s puppy also died in the fire, according to the fundraising page. In the fire, Petti wrote, the family lost nearly all of their possessions, as well as their everyday necessities.
“All donations will be given directly to the Tooleys to aid them in regaining their everyday necessities and assist them in their continued move forward as a family,” he wrote.
To donate, click here.
*Editor’s note: The Westfield, NJ Facebook group, which has more than 10,000 members, is run by TAPinto Westfield owner and editor Jackie Lieberman.