UNION COUNTY, NJ -- The New Jersey Symphony Orchestra kicks off Union County’s 57th annual Summer Arts Festival series of free outdoor concerts sponsored by the Freeholder Board with an evening of Broadway favorites, beloved opera overtures and more on Friday, June 22, at 7:30 p.m. at Echo Lake Park in Mountainside.
Attendees are also invited to bring a mat or beach towel and join in a free Union County Get Fit Yoga program beginning at 6:30 p.m.
“What a great way to kick off our summer of music with New Jersey’s own Orchestra bringing live symphonic music to our community,” said Freeholder Chairman Sergio Granados. “We encourage our residents to enjoy the music under the stars, and a memorable night of classical entertainment.”
The Union County Summer Arts Festival series with Get Fit Yoga continues at Echo Lake Park on Wednesday nights in July:
- July 11: Black Dog (The Led Zeppelin Tribute)
- July 18: 5 Against 1 (Tribute to Pearl Jam)
- July 25: The Vinny’s / Katfish Lucy
In August the series moves to Oak Ridge Park in Clark:
- August 1: JoBonanno & the Godsons of Soul
- August 8: American Rapture
- August 15: Brother John Brown (The Woodstock Era)
- August 22: Dead On Live (The Grateful Dead Experience)
For more details on the Summer Arts series, the Family Flix free outdoor movie series, and more summer activities in Union County Parks visit ucnj.org/parks-activities. For more information about the New Jersey Symphony orchestra visit njsymphony.org.