UNION COUNTY, NJ – The Union County Commission on the Status of Women has announced the 10 recipients of the 2017 Women of Excellence Awards. The awardees will be honored at the 25th annual Women of Excellence dinner on Friday, March 24, 6:30 p.m. at the Clubhouse at Union County’s Galloping Hill Golf Course, 3 Golf Drive in Kenilworth.
“All are invited to join with us in this annual celebration of the many contributions that women make to the quality of life in Union County,” said Freeholder Chairman Bruce H. Bergen. “Together, our ten awardees demonstrate that women’s leadership and advocacy plays an essential role throughout the Union County community.”
The Commission on the Status of Women is sponsored by The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders. Each year, awards are given in different fields including education, health care, the arts, government, business, law, community service, technology, humanitarianism, public service, women’s advocacy, and lifetime achievement.
“The whole community is uplifted when we recognize the deep reservoir of talent among women in Union County, and work to ensure that each one has the opportunity to exercise her full potential,” said Freeholder Vernell Wright, who is the Board’s liaison to the Commission on the Status of Women.
Residents of Union County and out-of-county residents who are active in Union County affairs are eligible for the award. The honorees for 2016 are:
- Arielle Cassidy of Garwood ( Health and Wellness)
- Sally Curci of Cranford (Special Needs Advocate)
- Maria C. Del Cid of Union (Government)
- Terri L. Freeman, Esq. of Westfield (Law)
- Amy B. Herber of Westfield (Lifetime/Education)
- Marianne Kranz of Fanwood (Volunteerism)
- Dr. Nell Maloney-Patel of Westfield (Medicine)
- Kelly Rieder of Rahway (Law Enforcement)
- Nakera Sherman of Plainfield (Children’s Advocacy)
- Ruth Yablonsky of Cranford (Environmentalist)
Tickets for the Women of Excellence awards dinner must be purchased by March 10. The cost is $50 per person. Checks may be made payable to UCCSW and mailed to:
Ms. Carol Lombardo
275 Fourth Avenue
Garwood, NJ 07207
For additional details contact Ms. Lombardo at 789-0508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.