ELIZABETH, NJ - At their annual event Iliana Chevres of Elizabeth was named one of Union County’s Women of Excellence for 2019.
Chevres was recognized for her work in Special Needs Advocacy. Union County Freeholder Vice Chairman Alexander Mirabella and Freeholders Angela Garretson, Rebecca Williams, Andrea Staten, Kimberly Palmieri-Mouded and Sergio Granados congratulated Chevres along with ten other recipients at their Gala Awards Dinner in Clark. They were also joined by Union County Clerk Joanne Rajoppi.
The Union County women recognized for their accomplishments by the Commission on the Status of Women for this year were:
· Amy Cairns of Summit, Government Service
· Antonietta LaVecchia of Summit, Business/Community Activist
· Clea Carchia of Rahway, Arts/Graphic Design
· Dawn McDonald of Scotch Plains, Education
· Dr. Julia Grimes of Westfield, Medicine/Health & Wellness
· Iliana Chevres of Elizabeth, Special Needs Advocacy
· Kay Coats Macrae of Springfield, Theater Arts
· Marlene Olson Hamm of Rahway, Environmental Advocacy
· Mary Zimmermann of Summit, Lifetime Achievement
· Michele Dabal of New Providence, Humanitarian Activities
· Sandra Jackson of Linden, Youth Advocacy
The Women of Excellence Awards are sponsored by the Freeholder Board and the Union County Commission on the Status of Women, with the Union County Office on Women.