FAIR LAWN - It's leaf collection time, but are your trees ready? As of today, many trees have not even begun to change color and others are shedding regularly.
Nonetheless, municipal crews will start collecting leaves at the curb line beginning Monday, November 6 and will continue through Tuesday, December 12, weather permitting. Collection will occur weekdays between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Two (2) separate and complete passes through the Borough will be necessary to complete the entire leaf collection program. Residents do not need to call and schedule a leaf collection.
Please follow these guidelines to ensure safe and efficient services:
- AVOID PARKING on the street when leaf piles are ready for collection
- AVOID PARKING on cul-de-sacs (leaf machines cannot enter tight spaces)
- DO NOT pile leaves around parked cars, street lights, or fire hydrants
- DO NOT put trash, stones, etc. into leaf piles
- KEEP CHILDREN AWAY from leaf piles that are ready for collection
- DO NOT pile leaves within 10 feet of a storm drain
Once the leaf crew completes the first collection through your section, crews will NOT return until the second collection.
NO leaves may be put at the curb for pickup after the following dates:
- Sections 1 and 5 – November 26
- Sections 4 – November 29
- Section 3 – December 4
- Section 2 – December 7
Residents are encouraged to check the main page of Borough website at www.fairlawn.org under “Borough News” for continuous updates to the schedule and any changes that may occur. Weather conditions and leaf fall amounts may impact the collection schedule.