During the period between July 15 and July 22, 2019 members of the GRPD handled many calls for service, the highlights of which included:

07-17-2019 - 8:50 AM – The owner of Fausto Pellegrino Hair Design at 190 Rock Road reported the rear door to his business appeared to have been tampered with. The damage was consistent with someone having attempted to force entry, but it does not appear the attempt was successful. The rear door is not visible from the street and no video images were recovered.  Crime Scene Detectives from the Bergen County Sheriff’s Department BCI responded to process the scene. The Detective Bureau is currently investigating. 

07-20-2019 - 11:04 AM – A Glen Rock man reported discovering $188.49 in fraudulent charges on his Mastercard.  The transaction appeared to have occurred at a business in Glen Rock on July 10, 2019. The detective bureau is in the process of following up with the business in question to confirm the transaction and seek any possible video surveillance footage.  The victim has since closed the credit account and is checking all his accounts for any further unauthorized transactions.  

Sign Up for Fair Lawn/Glen Rock Newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.

07-21-2019 - 5:33 AM – A resident on the 200 block of Boulevard reported the theft of a bicycle from his driveway overnight. The bicycle had been left in front of his garage and view from the street was blocked by multiple vehicles parked in his driveway. The resident is in the process of reviewing his home video surveillance system in an effort to determine if any images of the theft had been captured.  

07-21-2019 - 11:06 AM – Sgt. Bryan Scott, P.O. Annamarie Mattina and P.O. Murray Yang responded to assist Ridgewood Police on South Broad street following a 9-1-1 callers report of an individual breaking into vehicles.  Working with officers from both Ridgewood and Midland Park the actor was tracked to the area of Columbia Bank on Broad Street where he was confronted by P.O. Mattina. The actor was detained and subsequently transported to Ridgewood Police Headquarters.