Job Description: Internship (((Local Government: Law Enforcement // City Management)))
The Borough of Glen Rock is looking for a responsible and self-motivated individual interested in the field of law enforcement to assist the Glen Rock Police Department Records Bureau with records archiving and destruction. Some of the responsibilities are as follows:
• Identify, index, and label files to be transported to an off-site storage location.
• Review the NJ State Records Retention and Disposition Schedule to determine which records in the archive have exceeded their required retention period.
• Submit for approval recommendations of which records should be destroyed.
• Learn and compete data entry in the Artemis Records Retention & Disposition Management System to document and obtain records destruction approvals.
• Work with a vendor to accomplish proper records destruction/shredding.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES Knowledge of: law enforcement practice and procedure.
Skills in: working respectfully, courteously, and collaboratively with law enforcement staff and citizens of the community. Basic computer skills are required, including but not limited to word, excel, and the Internet.
Ability to: maintain focus while working with multiple interruptions; communicate well in written and verbal formats; understand and follow verbal and written instructions; be tolerant of work involving routine and repetitive tasks; perform accurate work independently when requested.
Intern selected for this program will be required to:
• Be at least 18-years of age.
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Be currently enrolled in a 2- or 4-year college or university Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice AAS or BA/BS program.
• Complete a release waiver for a background investigation to be conducted by the Glen Rock Police Detective Bureau.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CRITERIA:
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following represents the physical and environmental demands for this position. The employee must be able to perform the essential functions with or without accommodation. Some lifting and carrying is required with weights of objects ranging from ten (10) to (50) pounds. Climbing or walking on uneven terrain is often required along with movements such as bending, twisting, and kneeling.
Rate of Pay: $12.00/ Hour – 20 hours per week for 10 weeks.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send resume and cover letter to:
Chief Dean Ackermann Glen Rock Police Department 1 Harding Plaza Glen Rock, NJ 07452
DEADLINE: MAY 10, 2019