GLEN ROCK, NJ - Outdoor dining is temporarily allowed per a resolution the Borough Council passed last evening to assist the businesses in its "Restart" campaign.
The Borough will allow the temporary dining permits through Oct. 1.
On June 10, the council provided a "temporary" method for businesses to acquire outdoor dining permits "without the necessity of appearing before the appropriate land use boards or amendment of the existing zoning ordinances and outdoor dining ordinance."
Phase 2 of the re-opening of the state, including businesses and public buildings, is scheduled to begin on June 15. The governor ordered a state shutdown and stay-at-home order beginning mid March until now to curb the spread of COVID-19.
The resolution passed last evening allows for the following:
1. Food service businesses shall be permitted to put a few tables in front of their location as long as it does not impede pedestrian movement or access to the store by non-diners purchasing pick up and a schematic for said tables shall be presented to the Looking Ahead Committee for approval; and
2. Food service businesses shall be permitted to apply for a spot in the Borough’s outdoor eating space behind the Alcove and any other closed eating areas created by the Borough; and
3. Food service businesses already possessing a liquor license shall be permitted to serve alcohol in their adjacent outdoor dining area, as well as in the Borough’s outdoor eating space as long as alcohol is transported in closed containers and the business has appropriately been granted a liquor license expansion permit in accordance with law; and
4. Patrons of food service businesses not in possession of a liquor license may bring their own alcohol to outdoor dining areas adjacent to said businesses or to the Borough’s outdoor eating space; and
5. Food service businesses shall be permitted to enter into an agreement with their landlord to create private dining on private property as the landlord sees fit while maintaining the same standards in #1; and
6. Such permits shall be sought through the office of the Borough Clerk on a form generated by the Borough of Glen Rock and valid through October 1, 2020.