FAIR LAWN, NJ - As the COVID-19 positive case numbers come down, Fair Lawn Mayor Kurt Peluso today released state-driven rules under which residents can conduct parties, especially important after the governor announced in-person graduations as acceptable beginning July 6.
Peluso said gatherings are permitted, as long as they adhere to the following governor's orders:
- The gathering shall take place outdoors on private property (preferably in the rear yard), and all attendees remain outdoors at all times during the gathering, with the sole exception of restroom use;
- Open-air rain tarps, tents, and other outdoor structures shall be allowed solely for the purpose of protecting against foul weather or for shade;
- The capacity of the gathering must be limited to no more than 25 people at the same time;
- All attendees at the gathering are required to be six feet apart from other attendees at all times, excluding immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners;
- There may be no contact between attendees, excluding immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners;
- All individuals at the gathering shall wear face coverings at all times where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, in accordance with CDC recommendations, except where doing so would inhibit the individual’s health or where the individual is under two years of age, and they must wear such face coverings where required;
- If seating is provided, such as chairs or mats, all seating must be limited to single individuals, except for immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners, and must be placed six feet apart at all times, and such seating must be sanitized before and after that individual’s use in accordance with CDC guidelines;
- Nothing in the Order shall prevent an individual at a gathering from coming within six feet of another person, or going indoors, if done to protect their health or safety or the health or safety of another individual.
- When taking part in outside social gatherings, be mindful and courteous to your neighbors.
- Indoor in-person gatherings are still limited to 10 persons
- Public picnic areas, playgrounds and pavilions shall remain closed.