FAIR LAWN, NJ - The beeping could be heard from a couple of blocks away and as the trucks got closer, the rumble of the ground was more palpable.
Fair Lawn Department of Public Works was there, getting every leaf it could from curbside, taking away the little buggers that can be an allergy pest to some (leaf mold) and a nuisance to others (parking in front of the house).
Municipal crews have begun collecting leaves at the curb line and will continue through December 17, weather permitting, according to the borough website. Collection will occur weekdays between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Two separate and complete passes through the borough will be necessary to complete the entire leaf collection program.
Please follow these guidelines to ensure safe and efficient services:
- AVOID PARKING on the street when leaf piles are ready for collection
- AVOID PARKING on cul-de-sacs (leaf machines cannot enter tight spaces)
- DO NOT pile leaves around parked cars, street lights, or fire hydrants
- DO NOT put trash, stones, etc. into leaf piles
- KEEP CHILDREN AWAY from leaf piles that are ready for collection
- DO NOT pile leaves within 10 feet of a storm drain
Once the leaf crew does the first collection through your section, crews will NOT return until the second collection.
No Leaves May Be Put At The Curb For Pickup After The Following Dates:
Sections 1 and 5 – December 1st
Sections 4 – December 4th
Section 3 – December 9th
Section 2 – December 12th
Residents are encouraged to check back her for continuous updates to the schedule and any changes that may occur. Residents do not need to call and schedule a leaf collection.
11/8/2019 - the 1st collection of leaves in Sections 1 & 5 is complete.
11/12/2019 - 1st collection of leaves in Sections 4 has begun