FLEMINGTON, N J – A South Plainfield man who had been indicted by a Grand Jury on 51 counts has been sentenced to state prison.
Eric C. Ferraris, 34, had been charged with a string of burglaries and thefts in Hunterdon and Somerset counties.
On Dec. 15, Superior Court Judge Angela F. Borkowski handed Ferraris a five-year sentence.
The indictments were:
- third-degree burglary – 18 counts
- third-degree theft – 13 counts
- third-degree conspiracy – 12 counts
- third-degree attempted burglary – two counts
- third-degree theft by receiving stolen property – two counts
- fourth-degree theft – three counts
- fourth-degree criminal mischief – one count
Ferraris’ arrest followed a joint investigation by the Hunterdon County Prosecutor’s Office; Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office; and police from Readington, Raritan Township, Clinton Township, Bridgewater, Green Brook, Bernards, Middlesex, and Hillsborough.
The sentence was announced in a press release by Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns, III.