RARITAN TWP., NJ – Police here today released details on a series of unrelated arrests.
- Police were dispatched to Commerce Street around 1:20 p.m. March 6 on the report of a woman slumped over the steering wheel of her car with her foot on the brake. Police said the vehicle had left the scene when they arrived, but they found it a short time later in the 7-11 parking lot with Sabrina H. Maameur, 30, of Flemington, in the driver’s seat. Based on her interaction with officers, she was asked to perform field sobriety tests, but refused and became verbally abusive, police said. She was arrested by Patrol Officer Scott Phibbs and charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Patrol Officer Adam Swiatek arrested Nun H. Manhe, 28, of Jersey City, and charged him with possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia Feb. 19. Police said Swiatek stopped Manhe while driving on Route 202-31 around 1:34 p.m. for having an obstructed view and that a check on his Mobile Data Terminal showed his driver’s license was suspended. An additional check revealed two outstanding arrest warrants from Jersey City and Saddle Brook, police said, and marijuana and rolling papers were discovered during the stop. Det. Cpl. Scott Iglay assisted with the arrest.
- Mary E. Gaydos, 52, of Stockton, was arrested by Patrol Officer Anthony Moreno around 4:23 p.m. Feb. 25. Police said Gaydos shoplifted $35 worth of items from ShopRite and that the incident was captured on the store’s surveillance system.
- Patrol Officer Anthony Moreno arrested Christopher Fiorella, 56, of Piscataway, around 10:12 a.m. Feb. 26 and charged him with driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Police said they were dispatched to the area of Old Clinton Road and Rolling Lane on the report of a vehicle failing to maintain its lane of travel. Police found the vehicle and driver on Rolling Lane, and Fiorella was asked to perform field sobriety tests based on the officer’s observations.
- Sgt. Robert Landolina arrested Michael F. Cleary, 24, of Ewing, around 12:20 a.m. March 3. Police said he was initially stopped for having two lights out on the back of his vehicle and that Cleary was charged with possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana.
- Patrol Officer William McEnroe arrested Aleida E. Montenegro-Alvarez, 22, of Maywood, Calif., after stopping him on Route 202 around 12:17 a.m. March 5 for failure to keep right, police said. He was charged with possession of less than 50 grams of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Lynn C. Hoehlein, 64, of Long Valley was arrested by Patrol Officer Scott Phibbs around 2:20 p.m. March 7 and charged with driving while intoxicated. Police said she was driving on Route 202 and that they saw her failing to maintain her lane of travel. Based on Phibb’s observations, she was asked to perform field sobriety tests, and then arrested.