FLEMINGTON, NJ – The Freeholders approved salaries for the county’s unclassified, non-contractual employees yesterday that are not covered under union agreements.
The salary resolution was approved without debate and covers 66 employees, of which 14 are paid more than $100,000 per year.
Below is a list of some of the county’s highest-paid staffers and their job titles. Note that some county employees, such as Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns, III, are covered under a separate resolution.
- Chief of Staff George Wagner, $153,875
- County Counsel Shana Taylor, $132,754
- Engineer James Martin, $128,783
- CFO Janet Previte, $128,304
- Architect Frank Bell, $124,618
- Sheriff Fred Brown, $120,549
- Surrogate Susan Hoffman, $120,549
- Clerk Mary Melfi, $120,549.
- Library Director Mark Titus, $116,849
- Human Services Administrator Christine Hammerstone, $107,100
- Economic Development Director Marc Saluk, $107,100
- Planning Director Gelaine Dziamara, $105,500
- Road Supervisor Jeffrey Quick, $104,000
- Superintendent of Bridges Donald Sutton, $104,000
Editor's note: A previous version of this article mistakenly reported that Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns, III is a state employee.