FLEMINGTON, NJ - Sheriff’s officers here were part of a recent statewide effort to arrest parents who failed to pay child support.
Detectives and officers from the Hunterdon Sheriff’s Office arrested six suspects with warrants totaling more than $135,000. The warrant sweep was conducted in cooperation with the state’s Office of Child Support Services.
“Parents who are negligent in paying court-ordered support cause a financial burden not only to the custodial parent but to our taxpayers as well,” said Hunterdon Sheriff Fred Brown in a press release.
Here are those arrested, and the amount owed, according to Brown:
- Lawrence Scheier, 54, of Bloomingdale; $97,736
- Kevin Gares, 42, of Three Bridges; $20,492
- Latisha Germany, 32, of Glen Gardner; $4,559
- Wayne Evans, 48, of Hackettstown; $210
- Vincent Burd, 49, of Phillipsburg; $10,722
- Walter Wood, 48, of Whitehouse Station; $3,181
For information on how to resolve a child support warrant, call the sheriff’s Investigative Unit at 908-788-1166.