RARITAN TWP, NJ - A Ewing woman was arrested for hindering apprehension and other charges after an incident at the Ramada Inn in which she gave false information to avoid arrest, according to a report from Raritan Township Police.
Ahsaki McCall, 46, was charged with hindering apprehension and contempt of court in the incident Jan. 6 at 4:10 a.m.
According to the police report, Officer Adam Swiatek responded to the inn with other officers for a report of an unruly guest who had climbed over the front desk during an argument he was having with a Ramada Inn employee. During the investigation, the report said, they spoke with McCall, who was a guest of the individual who had reportedly jumped over the front desk.
McCall, police said, provided police with a false name because she knowingly had an outstanding warrant for her arrest out of Hamilton Township Municipal Court.
Police made other arrests for weapons possessions, DWI and more.
- Nina M. Lucas, 59, of New Hope, was arrested by Officer Anthony Moreno Jan. 3 at 3:10 p.m. for driving while intoxicated. Moreno found Lucas when he was dispatched to Route 202 South for a report of a disabled vehicle on the side of the road.
- Officer Anthony Moreno was dispatched Jan. 4 at 9:34 a.m. to Ihop for a male banging on the walls in the bathroom. Dorian Moss, 41, of Glen Gardner, was found in the bathroom and arrested for possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of a hypodermic syringe.
- Oscar C. Tista-Rodriguez, 26, of North Plainfield, was arrested for possession of certain weapons, after a "Billy Club" was found on the rear floor board of his vehicle when he was pulled over Jan. 5 for a non-working headlight.
- Logan N. Opperman, 23, of Pennsylvania, was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of hollow point bullets after he was pulled over Jan. 6 at 3:30 p.m. on Raritan Avenue because neither he nor his passenger were wearing their seatbelts.
- David Cruz, 39, of Brooklyn, was arrested for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia Jan. 12 at 2:45 p.m. after he was stopped on Route 202/31 near Copper Hill Road for having a view obstruction.
- John J. Delfino, 52, of Flemington, was arrested for driving while intoxicated Jan. 18 at 1:10 a.m. after he was pulled over on Voorhees Corner Road for failing to maintain the lane of travel.