CLINTON TWP., NJ - Chabad of Hunterdon County will be hosting High Holiday services that are open to the community. Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services will be held at the elegant Beaver Brook Country Club, in the heart of Hunterdon.
The services are friendly and welcoming and are conducted by Rabbi Eli Kornfeld and Cantor Rabbi Aaron B. Denburg.
“When I am at Chabad for the High Holidays, the services come alive and I feel connected to my Jewish roots. The services are explained in English so I can actually understand their meaning” says Adriane Berg from Tewksbury.
“I love the family service, where my children and I can ask questions and have more of an interactive prayer experience” says Naama Faucett from Raritan Township.
The prayers are read in both Hebrew and English and a lively commentary and humor accompanies the service. Chabad offers an interactive and fun family service, a teen service and a children's program for children aged 3-12. Babysitting for toddlers is available.
At Chabad, there are no membership fees or tickets sold for the High Holiday services. High Holiday donations are much appreciated and help offset the cost of providing for more than 300 people that are expected at Chabad during the High Holiday season.
Chabad is known for its open doors and welcoming atmosphere, which allows anyone in the community to enjoy any program that interests them. At Chabad, Judaism is intended to be fun, joyous, and easily accessible.
Deluxe catered Holiday dinner, lunch and Break Fast will be offered following Rosh Hashanah services and Yom Kippur services at the Beaver Brook Country Club. Many traditional holiday foods will be served. Reservations are required for the holiday meals.
Rosh Hashanah Schedule of Services at the Beaver Brook Country Club 25 Country Club Dr. Annandale
- Rosh Hashanah Services, Sept. 29, 30, and Oct. 1: Services are on Sunday and Monday Evenings, Sep. 29 and 30, at 7 p.m. and Monday and Tuesday mornings, Sep. 30 and Oct. 1, at 9:30 a.m. A Family Service & Children’s Program will be held on Monday Sept. 30 at 10:30 a.m. and there will be a Children’s Program on Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 10:30 a.m. The Shofar will be blown on Monday and Tuesday at 11 a.m.
- Rosh Hashanah Community Dinner and Lunch: Rosh Hashanah is a beautiful time for community togetherness and delicious holiday foods. Chabad will be hosting community Rosh Hashanah dinner and lunch with traditional food and tastings including insightful discussion, song, and a warm family atmosphere. Rosh Hashanah dinner will follow services on Sunday evening Sep. 29 at 8 p.m. and lunch on Monday, Sept. 30 following services at 1:30 p.m., at the Beaver Brook Country Club. Holiday meals are $36 per adult and $25 per child – RSVP online at www.jewishhunterdon.com or call 908-238-9002.
- Family Tashlich Service - Prayer at the Water will take place following afternoon services on Monday, Sept. 30 at 6 p.m..
Yom Kippur Services at the Beaver Brook Country Club 25 Country Club Dr. Annandale:
- Yom Kippur Services Tuesday, Oct. 8: Kol Nidrei Evening Services begin at 6:45 p.m.
- Yom Kippur Services, Wednesday, Oct.r 9: Morning Services begin at 9:30 a.m. Family Service & Children’s program is at 10:30 a.m. This is also the recommended window if you’d like to attend only part of the service. Yizkor Memorial service begins at 11:30 a.m.
- Mincha Afternoon service is at 5:15 p.m. and the Neilah Closing Service is at 6:15 p.m., with Shofar Blowing and Break Fast at 7:10 p.m.
RSVP for Yom Kippur Services and the catered Break Fast meal at jewishhunterdon.com or call 908-238-9002.