The NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) has scheduled a Public Hearing for the Freshwater Wetlands Permit Application for the Northeast Supply Enhancement (NESE) Project with Compressor Station 206 and pipelines in Old Bridge, Sayreville, and through Raritan Bay.
DATE: Monday, November 5, 2018
STARTING TIME: 6:00 PM
PLACE: Franklin Twp. High School - Auditorium - 500 Elizabeth Ave., Somerset, NJ 08873
Note: People do not need to arrive at 6PM, and they do not need to stay for the entire hearing.
WE NEED TO TELL THE NJDEP TO STOP THIS PROJECT BY DENYING PERMITS.
If built, the compressor station emissions will pollute the entire area for decades, and, once in operation, there is little doubt that the company will add more turbines in the future.
We need to tell the NJDEP that we oppose the construction of Compressor Station 206 as well as the pipelines which will dredge up even more pollution.
The risks to our safety and health demand that we stand up for ourselves, the environment and future generations. Come out and bring friends and neighbors.
- NJDEP staff will facilitate the meeting.
- People usually get 3 minutes to speak at a microphone in front of the group about their concerns, and a stenographer records it. It’s not like the FERC meeting where you went into a separate room.
- If you want to speak, sign-up when you arrive.
- Pre-written comments can be submitted at the meeting & more comments can be sent after the meeting up until November 20. Include your name & full address on written comments.
- We DO expect that pro-NESE people will be there to voice their support (like they were at the FERC public meetings), so we need many concerned folks there to tell NJDEP why we do not want NESE.
NJDEP’s PUBLIC HEARING RULES OF CONDUCT:
The purpose of the hearing is to gather public comment from anyone who wishes to speak. Any action taken by any person that prevents the public from commenting is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Anyone who violates these rules of conduct may be removed from the hearing.
- No signs mounted on sticks, or otherwise attached to an object, are allowed within the auditorium
- No food or drink is allowed within the auditorium
- Please remain seated until called forward to provide comment
- No interrupting when someone is speaking
- No unruly/disruptive behavior (i.e. yelling, chanting, use of foul language)
- Testimony will be limited to three minutes per speaker