CJCP is a public charter school serving grades Kindergarten through 4, and 6 through 12 during the 2018-19 school year. Applications may be submitted online at www.cjcollegeprep.org, and are due March 1, 2018.
· January 1 – March 1, 2018: The initial application to enter the lottery is accepted
· March 8, 2018: Admission lottery is conducted
· March 9 – 26, 2018: Enrollment paperwork is submitted to the school by lottery winners
· March 27, 2018: Invitations begin for students placed on the waiting list
OPEN HOUSE & INFORMATION SESSIONS
Somerset Location: 101 Mettlers Rd., Somerset, NJ 08873 (CJCP Auditorium)
1 /27 / 2018: 10 am (Elementary) & 1 pm (Middle and High School)
2 / 11 / 2018: 12 pm (Elementary) & 2 pm (Middle and High School)
2 / 22 / 2018: 6 pm (all grades)
New Brunswick Location: 115 Commercial Avenue, New Brunswick, 08901 (Holy Family Parish School Auditorium)
1 / 28 / 2018 @ 12 pm, 2 / 3 / 2018 @ 10 am, and 2 / 15 / 2018 @ 6:30 pm (all grades)
- is free to all families. CJCP does not charge tuition.
- is an open enrollment public charter school. CJCP is open to all students in New Jersey on a space-available basis with preference given to students from Franklin Township, City of New Brunswick, and Township of North Brunswick.
- selects students to enroll through an open-public, random lottery. The lottery will be held at the school building on March 8 at 6 pm. Parents and students are encouraged to attend the lottery.
Applications submitted for years prior to the 2018-2019 school year are not carried over to the 2018-2019 school year. Therefore, you must reapply for the 2018-2019 school year if your child(ren) has not been previously admitted to CJCP. No application is needed for current CJCP students that are returning next year.
If you have a student currently attending CJCP and are interested in enrolling your other child(ren), an online application must be submitted for each sibling in a timely manner.
One application per student is allowed. If multiple applications are submitted on behalf of a student, the student will be given the least favorable space based on the lottery results. Therefore, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make a change in the application you submitted rather than submitting another application.
Following the submission of the online application, you will receive an email from us with a confirmation number. If you do not receive it within one day after the submission, please check your junk emails. If you have not received it at all, please contact us at admission@cjcollegeprep to verify proper submission of your application prior to February 28, 2018. No inquiries will be considered after February 28, 2018.
Any false information provided on the application form may disqualify the application.
The lottery will be held in March 8, 2018 at the CJCP auditorium. All parents/students are welcome to attend the lottery. All applications received by the deadline will be included in the lottery except siblings of current CJCP students. The lottery results will be published on www.cjcollegeprep.org and all winners and wait listed applicants will be notified via email (to the email address provided to us on the application) immediately following the lottery.
Applicants who are not selected to enroll through the lottery will be automatically placed on the waiting list in the order determined by lottery.
Lottery winners will receive an invitation via e-mail with the specific paperwork necessary to register the student. A parent or legal guardian is required to come to the school and complete the registration process in person during the enrollment period (March 9 – March 26, 2018).