SOMERSET, NJ - The Franklin Township Police Department recently announced it is now accepting applications for an entry-level exam for September.
In order for a candidate to be considered for employment as a full-time police officer, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in addition to Chapter 50 of the Franklin Township Municipal Code:
- Minimum 21 years of age. (At the time of appointment)
- United States citizen.
- Be of mental and bodily health sufficient to satisfy the Board of Trustees of the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System of New Jersey that he would be eligible for membership in the retirement system.
- Able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently.
- Of good moral character and free from conviction of any crime constituting an indictable offense, domestic violence or any crime or offense involving moral turpitude.
- Able to pass such written, oral, physical and psychological examinations as may be approved by the Township manager and meet essential job performance requirements.
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Minimum of 20/30 vision in each eye corrected.
- Otherwise meets all the requirements of N.J.S. 40A:14-122 to N.J.S. 40A:14-127.
Related article: Pierce Street Bagel Cafe' Deli & Grill to Host Coffee with a Cop
To be considered you must pick up an application at police headquarters or fill it out online at https://www.franklintwpnj.org/government/departments/police/recruitment
Applicantions must be accompanied by a $40 money order made payable to “Franklin Township Police Department” and submitted no later than July 31, 2018 at 3:00 PM Applications can be returned in peron or mailed to: Franklin Township Police Department, 495 Demott Lane, Somerset, NJ 08873, Attn: Lt. Philip Rizzo