SOMERSET, NJ - Last month the township officially launched a new service, Hoopla Digital.
"Hoopla is easy to use and opens up a lot of new digital download titles for Franklin Township Library patrons of all ages," Ann Smith, Franklin Township Public Library, head of adult services said.
With hoopla digital, library patrons can instantly borrow ebooks, audiobooks, comics, movies, music and more 24/7. Patrons can download the app to a mobile device and get access to hundreds of thousands of titles and content that can be streamed or downloaded.
Or browse for content on a PC. Multiple people can simultaneously check out the same content, which means there are no holds and no waiting.
Resident cardholders will have access to five checkouts per month. Find more information, including how to access hoopla and other digital download services offered by the library, by clicking here.
Patrons will need their library cards and pin numbers to register. Once registered, they will use their email address and a password to access the service from mobile devices and PCs.
Here are some great features of hoopla:
- Borrowed content is available for immediate streaming on a computer or mobile device
- On the digital app, borrowed content can be temporarily downloaded for offline use (yes, you can watch movies and listen to movies and audiobooks while you are traveling!)
- Music albums can be listened in their entirety or shuffled between other checked out albums
- hoopla’s eReader, Action View, is interactive, allowing a comic book to be read panel by panel!
- hoopla has a Kid’s Mode setting, allowing young people access to content geared towards ages 12 and under
TAPinto Franklin Township is Franklin Township’s only free daily paper.
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.
Give us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.