HERSHEY, PA – Saint Joseph High School students recently had the opportunity to run the world. While participating in Model United Nations SJHS students had the opportunity to act as delegates and even mimic committee activities during the conference.
According to school officials, during the recent conference, SJHS students achieved the following accolades:
- Abel Stephen was elected Head Chair of General Assembly A (the largest committee)
- Isaac Alexander was elected Vice-chair of General Assembly B
- Isaac Alesander, John Smolenski, and Mugiel Zavala were recognized as Outstanding Representation, Serbia.
- Aarush Bhasin, Premier Country, Norway
- William Sorge, CONA Delegate (for the second time)
- We also dominated Outstanding CRP's:
Council on Economic Advancement A: Nicholas Justiniani, Peru
- General Assembly B: Isaac Alexander, Serbia
- Legal A: Davin Du, Pakistan
- Political Security B: Akshat Neerati, United Arab Emirates
- Social Humanitarian & Cultural A: Jack Bostjancic, Philippines
Thousands of students from across the country and around the world participate in MUN according to their website. The process involves extensive research, public speaking, writing, debating, teamwork and leadership skills.
Saint Joseph High School is a private, Catholic all-boys college preparatory school located on 70 acres in Metuchen, NJ. The mission of Saint Joseph High School is to cultivate a desire for life-long learning, nurture the integration of faith and academic inquiry, and instill values of integrity and compassion in the tradition of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart. The school draws students from a wide geographic area encompassing over 40 school districts and over 75 grammar schools in Middlesex, Somerset, and Union Counties, as well as outlying areas. To learn more, call (732) 549-7600, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.stjoes.org.