Please be advised that on Sunday, March 26 from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM the Garden State Track Club will be hosting a charity running event to benefit victims of cancer and their families. Two Runs will originate from within Colonial Park and utilize surrounding local roadways.
This event is expected to draw hundreds of runners and it will be necessary to close some local roadways during the event to ensure the safety of the runners. Many of these road closures will be intermittent or for short periods of time. We are working closely with the Franklin Township Police Department to minimize traffic disruptions as much as possible.
The following roadways and portions thereof are expected to have an altered traffic pattern or be closed to vehicular traffic at various times during the event:
- Amwell Road: Closed between Market Street and Elizabeth Avenue (expected closure time less than one hour)
- Mettlers Road: Closed entire length (duration of the event)
- Weston Road: Closed between Elizabeth Avenue and Weston Canal Road (closed duration of the event)
- Weston Canal Road: Closed between Weston Road and Manville Causeway (closed duration of the event)
- Weston Canal Road: Single lane alternating traffic between Manville Causeway and Schoolhouse Road (road will remain open)
- Schoolhouse Road: Closed between Weston Canal Road and Randolph Road (Access to Canal Walk will be maintained from Randolph Road with single lane alternating traffic between Canal Walk Blvd and Mettlers Road)
- Elizabeth Avenue: Closed from Amwell Road to Weston Road (Intermittent closures of various portions of road during the event)
Franklin Township will be sending updates and alerts regarding this event utilizing the Nixle emergency notification system. The police department encourages all residents to register for free email or text message updates via Nixle by going to http://nixle.com/township -of-franklin/.
We thank you for your cooperation and support of a worthy cause. If you have any questions or concerns at this time please feel free to call the Garden State Track Club at 510-847-7187 or email to email@example.com. You can also visit the event page at www.gardenstate10.org