SOMERSET, NJ - Do you have plans this weekend?
If you don’t, check out our editor’s picks for some of the best things to do in and around Franklin Township.
Click on the headlines below for details:
Friday, July 6
The weather forecast has improved and all activities are set for this year’s Independence Day Celebration which will take place from 6pm to 9:15pm on the fields of Crossroads Middle School.
Head out during daylight hours and spend some time in some of the wonderful stores that speckle the streets. From antiques to toys to apparel, you are sure to find a treasure that you can’t find on Amazon or at the mall.
Join the Somerset Patriots on Friday, July 6 to Sunday, July 8 for their Star Spangled Weekend.
Saturday, July 7
The 2018 Franklin Township Community Farmers Market is returning with its mission of supporting Franklin Township and New Jersey agriculture! The Market, with its carefully curated mix of produce and specialty vendors, was the 2017 winner of the Healthier Somerset Award!
Please include, on your “Saturday To Do List”, shopping with the vendors at the Market Fair. The vendors are different each week, but each one has something good and with a great price. When you support the vendors you are helping The Citizens Club of Franklin Township Inc raise funds to maintain our building. Are you interested in being a vendor? Call Aurtherine at 732-939-0514.
Sunday, July 8
Enjoy a day with friends and family along the scenic D&R Canal with no cars!
Join the Vanderveer House & Museum as they celebrate our nation’s independence with a patriotic tribute, music, and family picnic on Sunday, July 8th. Also, don’t miss your chance to stroll through the Field of Honor®where over two hundred American flags will be displayed which pays tribute to men and women who have served our country.
Somerset County Tourism’s Weekend Top 10:
Weekend Top 10: 7.6 to 7.8
1. Summer Concert Series, Duke Island Park
2. 3rd Annual Field of Honor® and Community Picnic, Jacobus Vanderveer House & Museum
3. Duke Farms After Dark: Exploring Jupiter & Saturn, Duke Farms
4. Meet the River, Fairview Farm Wildlife Preserve
5. Somerset Patriots Star Spangled Weekend, TD Bank Ballpark
6. Nature Infused Yoga Summer Series, Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary
7. Storytime & Activities Featuring Neck & Neck, Barnes & Noble Somerville
8. Cruise Nights, Downtown Somerville
9. Summer Stage, Downtown Somerville
10. Farmers Markets, Throughout Somerset County
TAPinto Franklin Township is independently owned and operated by Malik A. Lyons FHS Class of 93’ Graduate.
Visit and read your exclusive Franklin news at TAPinto Franklin Township 24/7 for FREE: TAPintoFranklinTownship.net.