SOMERSET, NJ - Do you have plans this weekend?
If you don’t, check out our editor’s picks for some of the best things to do in and around Franklin Township.
Read on below for more details:
Friday, May 17
St. Matthias Carnival - OPENING NIGHT
All are invited to St. Matthias' annual carnival starting Friday, May 17, the event will run until Sunday, May 19. TAP here for details.
Who Are You Showcase 7 p.m.-Midnight
Where: 55B Morris St., New Brunswick Above Arts Studio
"Who Are You Showcase-Where Talent Meets Exposure" is a night to appreciate art. You can expect local and statewide musical artists and poets exposing their creative talents all night. Not to mention there will be complimentary wine and sangria all night long.
Saturday, May 18
2nd Annual Franklin Food Truck Festival
More than 2,000 guests are expected to attend the 2nd Annual Franklin Food Truck Festival to benefit Franklin High School's Project Graduation. TAP here for more details.
Blackwells Mills Canal House
Annual Plant Sale at the Blackwells Mills Canal House, corner of Blackwells Mills and Canal Road in Somerset.
All proceeds go towards supporting the historic canal house. TAP here for more details.
Sunday, May 19
The Japanese practice of Shinrin-yoku, which translates as "forest bathing”, is intended to help foster a connection with nature that feeds the mind, body, and spirit. TAP here for more details.
Somerset County Tourism’s Weekend Top 10:
Weekend Top 10: 5.16 to 5.19
1. Girls Night Out, Somerville
2. 36th Annual Family Fun Day, Lord Strirling Stables
3. Bernards Township Charter Day, Downtown Basking Ridge
4. Healthy Kids Day, TD Bank Ballpark
5. Annual Children’s Day, Rockingham Historic Site
6. Farm To Table Market, Duke Farms
7. Astronaut, RVCC Planetarium
8. Discover Dragons and Damsels of Central New Jersey, Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary
10. Forest Bathing, Colonial Park Rose Garden
Have a news tip? Email FranklinTownship@tapinto.net or call our tip line 908-279-0303 ext. 257.