SOMERSET, NJ - Do you have plans this weekend?
If you don’t, check out our editor’s picks for some of the best things to do in and around Franklin Township.
Read on below for more details:
Friday, March 15
Kountry Wayne Live
Early on King Kountry Wayne had visions of being a huge success in the music industry. Following that dream, he placed his life savings behind a music venture. TAP here for more details.
Art Garfunkel has made an indelible mark on the music world as both a solo artist and half of the unrivaled Simon & Garfunkel. See this legend live as he performs hits like “Sound of Silence,” “Scarborough Fair,” and “Mrs. Robinson.” TAP here for more details.
Saturday, March 16
6 Mile Run Clean Up Efforts
Former Franklin Township Mayor, Chris Kelly is leading the charge to clean up a section of the historic 6 Mile Run Reservoir. Participants will meet at 9 am on Jacques Lane with Boy Scout Troop 100 and several community volunteers to commence picking up as much material as possible. For more details email FranklinTownship@Tapinto.net.
Franklin Astronomy Event this Weekend
The public is invited to come out to see craters on the moon, nebulous stardust in the Great Orion Nebula, and several star clusters that appear as tiny jewels in the night sky. TAP here for details.
Franklin’s Annual Teen Summit
Teens in grades six through 12 are invited to attend Franklin’s Annual Teen Summit from 8:30 am to 1 pm on March 16, at Sampson G. Smith School. TAP here for details.
Sunday, March 17
It's our favorite time of the year at PJ Cavanaugh's! Come celebrate St. Patrick's Day all weekend long at the best Irish Pub around! TAP here for details.
Franklin Township Public Library - Family Film Picnic: Dumbo (Original 1941)
Bring a picnic blanket and a snack for our indoor picnic and see the original, animated Dumbo film from 1941 before you see the new live-action release! TAP here for details.
Somerset County Tourism’s Weekend Top 10:
Weekend Top 10: 3.14 to 3.17
1. They Called Her Vivaldi, The Theatre at RVCC
2. St. Patty’s Weekend at the Tasting Room, Old York Cellars
3. St. Patrick’s Day Lunch & Dinner, Grain House Restaurant
4. Bird Walk, Fairview Farm Wildlife Preserve
5. Close Encounters with Birds of Prey, Duke Farms
6. Dressage Show, Lord Stirling Stable
7. Nature Infused Yoga, Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary
8. Laser Coldplay, RVCC Planetarium
9. Nip Invasive Species in the Bud!, Environmental Education Center
10. Swan Lake: Russian National Ballet, State Theatre New Jersey
Have a news tip? Email FranklinTownship@tapinto.net or call our tip line 908-279-0303 ext. 257.