SOMERSET, NJ - Do you have plans this weekend?
If you don’t, check out our editor’s picks for some of the best things to do in and around Franklin Township.
Click on the headlines below for more details:
Friday, Oct. 12
The Franklin Warrior’s will host Elizabeth at 7:00 pm at Franklin High School.
Saturday, Oct. 13
The 8th annual CanalFest will be held on Saturday, October 13 from 11 am to 5 pm at East Millstone Park (Amwell Road & Market Street) in the East Millstone section of Somerset.
The Vermeule Mansion announces their schedule of activities for the annual Weekend Journey Through the Past, a FREE event sponsored by the Somerset County Cultural and Heritage Commission.
The Somerset County Department of Health is sponsoring a drive-through flu shot clinic at the South County Public Works Garage, 410 Roycefield Road, on Saturday, Oct. 13, from 9 a.m.- noon.
Sunday, Oct. 14
All Ages and Abilities Welcome! You provide the pumpkins and we'll have the paint ready for this family activity. Bring a box to carry your painted pumpkin home.
A free, citywide initiative that closes the streets to cars and opens them to people – promotes healthy active living through experiencing New Brunswick’s vitality, livability, and diversity in a safe place for people to exercise and play. During Ciclovia, the streets become temporarily car-free for 5 hours for families to run, walk, skate, ride bikes, enjoy active events along the route, and explore the city streets.
Somerset County Tourism’s Weekend Top 10:
Weekend Top 10: 10.12 to 10.14
1. Weekend Journey Through the Past, Location throughout Somerset County
2. Good Libations, The Center for Contemporary Art
3. Raritan Riverfest and Duck Race, Raritan
4. D&R CanalFest, Market Street, Somerset
5. By the Light of the Moon, Somerset County EEC
6. Tiempo Libre in Concert, The Theatre at RVCC
7. Diana Krall: Turn Up The Quiet World Tour 2018, State Theatre New Jersey
8. Alice in Wonderland Jr. – opening weekend, Villagers Theatre
9. Strength, Passion and Design Exhibit, Gallery on Division
10. Brite Nites – opening weekend, Wagner Farm Arboretum
Have a news tip? Email FranklinTownship@tapinto.net or call our tip line 908-279-0303 ext. 257.