NEW JERSEY - The three-day Presidents' Day weekend has arrived. Monday, February 17 is Presidents' Day.
The federal holiday marks the birthdays of the United States Presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Recently, the holiday has come to recognize the contributions of all past presidents not just Washington and Lincoln. Since Presidents' Day is a federal holiday, all federal, state and local government offices are closed, but what else is open and closed on Monday, February 17?
- The Franklin Township Public Library, Public Schools and Municipal offices will be closed.
- All US Post Offices are closed. There is not mail delivery on Monday.
- The New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and bond markets are closed.
- Most schools are closed.
- Federal, state and local courts are closed.
- Most banks are closed though TD Banks are open.
Presidents' Day is one of NJ Transit's observed holidays. Check individual bus and train lines before heading out on Monday to see if they are operating on a holiday schedule.
Presidents' Day is a big shopping weekend with lots of sales going on. So shoppers will still be able to hit the malls and grab something to eat at their favorite eateries on Monday.
TAPinto Franklin/Somerset has more than 30,000 monthly readers and will help you build your brand, improve your online presence. Packages include social media promotion, native content, clickable banner ads and D.I.Y. publication of events, press releases and more. Become a TAPinto Franklin/Somerset advertiser! Call (908) 279-0303, x257, or click here.