FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP, NJ - Looking for something to do this weekend? How about picking strawberries or taking a hike? If you would rather see Jay Leno or listen to some jazz, you can do it without venturing out too far!
Check out TAPinto Franklin Township’s roundup of some of the best things to do close to home.
Friday, June 2
Snyder’s Farm will be opening up the U-Pick strawberry field this Friday to kick off the summer season. The Farm store won’t be open until the weekend.
Saturday, June 3
Township of Franklin
It’s finally here! Franklin Township’s 2017 Farmer’s Market will start this Saturday at 10 a.m. at the corner of Demott Lane and Amwell Road.
This Saturday the produce vendors will have delicious strawberries, asparagus, bok choy, and lettuce. The variety of fruits and vegetables will continue to grow and change weekly as the growing season gets underway.
Franklin Township Trails Advisory Committee
Join the Franklin Township Trails Advisory Committee in celebrating National Trails Day
Time: 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Location: Franklin Park Natural Area
Check out the American Hiking Society's One-minute video to help get you inspired!
Sampson G. Smith School
Students past and present from Sampson G. Smith, Franklin Middle School, and Franklin High School Proceeds go to the SGS Players Alumni Association Kevin J. Maskall Scholarship.
7 p.m. at the SGS
SGS Auditorium 1649 Amwell Road Somerset, NJ Tickets: $8.00 Adults/Children & $5.00 Seniors Tickets may be purchased at the door.
Top Ten Things to do in Somerset County:
Weekend Top 10: 6.2-6.4
1. Sounds Around Town and Art Walk, Downtown Bernardsville
2. National Trails Day Family Obstacle Course, Environmental Education Center
3. Homes of Distinction, United States Equestrian Team Foundation
4. Jay Leno, State Theatre New Jersey
5. An Appetizing Afternoon with George Washington, Old Dutch Parsonage
6. Open Farm Weekend, Bluebird Farm Alpacas
7. Of Mice and Men, Farmstead Arts Center
8. Jazz in the Gallery, Watchung Arts Center
9. Warner Bros. presents Bugs Bunny at the Symphony, State Theatre New Jersey
10. Community Garden Snoop Tour, Duke Farms
TAPinto Franklin Township is Franklin Township’s only free daily paper.
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.
Give us your feedback at email@example.com.