NEW JERSEY - It's arrived; the final weekend of summer. Most college kids are off. Back-to-school sales are in full swing and pumpkin spice is back in coffee shops across the Garden State. For residents who didn't pack up the car and head off for the last three-day weekend of summer, here are some cool ideas for a little Labor Day weekend fun.
- BBQ and Craft Beer Festival will be running at Monmouth Racetrack from Saturday through September 2 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. General parking is $5. Grandstand admission is $5. Children 12 and under are free.
- Riverdale is hosting its annual Labor Day Street Fair on September 2 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The event features live music, rides, food and more than 100 exhibitors. The street fair is rain or shine.
- South Plainfield is holding its 62nd annual Labor Day Parade on September 2 at 10 a.m. The parade begins on Maple Avenue and ends on Plainfield Avenue. The day of festivities ends with fireworks in Spring Lake Park.
- Mendham's Labor Day Parade begins at 10 a.m. on September 2 at Main Street and Mountain Avenue.
- Budd Lake is hosting a Scandanavian Festival on Sunday, September 1 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m in Vasa Park. The festival is rain or shine. Tickets are available online.
- Clifton is holding its Food Truck and Music Festival on Sunday, September 1 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m at the Clifton City Hall Complex. Parking is free, but there is a $5 admission for the festival. Kids under 10 are free.
- Airfest 2019 is going on now through September 2. WWII airplane rides are on tap at the Cape May Airport for this family-friendly event that includes live music, food trucks, a beer garden and more. Tickets are$16 for adults. Children three to 12 are $12. Kids under three are free. Tickets are available online.
- The Cape May promenade is holding a huge Summer Send-Off Craft Fair from now through September 1 from 10 a.m to 5 p.m.
- Ed's Funcade in Wildwood is the site of the World Championship Skeeball Tournament. Prizes include a $1000 Visa gift card. Tournament is from 6 p.m to 9 p.m.
- Ocean City is holding its annual five-mile Labor Day Run. Race begins at 9 a.m.
- Admission is free to Bradley Beach's Lobsterfest on Saturday, August 31 and Sunday, September 1. The event features music, children's activities, crafts and of course lobster.
- Visit the Great Falls of the Passaic River on Saturday, August 31, Sunday, September 1 and Monday, September 2 and then stay for Paterson's Historic Great Falls Festival. The festival is free, but carnival rides do require tickets. Monday's festival ends with fireworks. Tours of the falls are held at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tours last for 45 minutes.
Have a news tip, or feedback? Email FranklinTownship@tapinto.net or call our tip line 908-279-0303 ext. 257.
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.