EAST MILLSTONE, NJ - We have good News! We are writing to inform you that CanalFest will be moving to the Spring, so please hold Saturday, June 13, 2020 for our next event.
We have been discussing the future of the event and our talented new planning committee has set the course for Spring! We have initiated a partnership with our friends at the Franklin Township Cultural Arts Council so our circle is growing! We will be focusing on live music next year and will take advantage of the longer day in June to extend the time of the event from 11am to 7pm. More details will follow.
We wanted to take this opportunity to thank all those who have worked so hard to make this volunteer-run event possible for the past 8 years and have raised tens of thousands of dollars to help our neighbors in need via the Franklin Food Bank.
Included in this heartfelt thank you for their tireless work and dedication are:
- The Franklin Food Bank and their wonderful staff! CanalFest would never have happened without the Food Bank as our organizational home and the support it provides.
- Former planning committee members who after eight successful years of hard work are turning their passions toward other projects that benefit our community.
- Staff of the Township of Franklin, Mayor Kramer and the Township Council who have advised and reliably supported the event to ensure its success.
- Our creative and dedicated art vendors who have shared their art throughout the years.
- The incredible musicians and other performing artists who entertained us with their amazing talents.
- Our many non-profit groups who have joined us to inform the community of the good works that are happening around town.
- Our fabulous food vendors who provided amazing food and hospitality at our events.
- Our generous business sponsors who have supported CanalFest through both cash and in-kind donations as a way to give back to the community that makes their work possible.
- Our residential sponsors who gave in large and small amounts as a gesture of their love and appreciation for their home and those who live here. These donations represented the majority of revenue raised over the years and have made all the difference to the event’s success.
- All the community members that have attended and supported our past events and have encouraged us to keep the event alive as a beacon of community connectedness in Franklin.
- The village of East Millstone and especially our Market Street neighbors who graciously allowed their homes and street to serve as the bucolic setting for the festival.
- Our many volunteers who came from across Franklin Township to help plan and coordinate and work the event out of their desire to make a contribution and a difference in our community.
The CanalFest Community Collaborative was born of a merging of interests in Franklin. It was a desire to use our gifts to bring people together and strengthen the fabric of our community. We wanted to share our greatest natural asset, the Delaware and Raritan Canal, and promote eco-tourism. We sought to promote our small businesses and support our local economy. But foremost among our motivations was our shared commitment to help our neighbors in need by way of our support of the Franklin Food Bank.
We ask that you continue to support our community and the most vulnerable among us by supporting CanalFest and the Franklin Food Bank throughout the year. The Franklin Food Bank has expanded its facility and capacity to support our community in response to the ever-growing needs of residents so your support is more important than ever.
Thank you and see you in the Spring at CanalFest!