Eating and exercise go hand in hand. When and what you eat can be important to how you feel when you exercise, whether it's a casual workout or training for a competition. Consider these eating and exercise tips.
- Go for healthy food choices like lean meat and fish
- Avoid processed food
- Instead of fried food, go for grilled, baked or broiled, the warmer weather is here so this is a perfect time for grilling
- Eat more vegetables and fruit
- Switch to wheat bread/ pasta and brown rice
- If you are feeling adventurous, try replacing pasta for zucchini noodles or cauliflower/ broccoli rice
- Monitor your portion sizes- if you need help with portion control, use a smaller plate, fill it with veggies first
- Limit the use of butter, margarine, and oils.
- Limit sugar, sodium and alcohol intake If you have special dietary restrictions due to underlying medical problems, please check with your physician before starting any diets.
Etheridge Family Medicine: "Where we focus on preventive care for a long, healthy and prosperous life."