NEW JERSEY – Love things that go bump in the night? Is Friday the 13th a favorite day? Folks who really thrive on the scare factor of Halloween and do not even flinch about the oddest weird NJ stories or don’t need to sleep with the light on after reading Stephen King will want to check out one or more of these haunted excursions before October 31 rolls around.
- The Haunted Red Mill in Clinton holds three weekends of really freaky and scary stuff. During the daylight hours, the historic Red Mill is a picturesque spot highlighting Clinton’s quaint downtown, but come sundown, it can get downright terrifying. Haunted outings run on October 11, October 12, October 18, October 19, October 25 and October 26. Box office opens at 5 p.m. with tours beginning at 7 p.m. and ending around 10 p.m. A tour takes approximately 40 to 45 minutes and is not recommended for kids. It is meant for adults who love to be scared. A softer Happy Haunt is available during the day on October 12, October 19 and October 26. The cost is $10 per person. Children under two are free.
- Passiac’s Brighton Asylum is considered one of the scariest haunted houses around and has been featured on the Today Show. The staff quarters of the asylum shut down in 1952. Find out why it is called the Bleeding Grounds if you dare. Tickets can be purchased online.
- The Field of Terror in East Windsor is open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from now through Halloween. Less intense daytime scares are available or go all in with nighttime activities. Different pricing options are available.
- Marlboro’s C Casola Farms offers five different haunted attractions from a hayride to a zombie apocalypse and everything in between from now through Halloween. Different price levels are available based on activity choices. Ticket sales start at 6:30 p.m. and end at 10 p.m.
- If you’re afraid of clowns, Bayville’s Dark Carnival is probably not for you. This rather unique take on the haunted Halloween season is a throwback to traveling freak shows. Be warned though some exhibits bite back. The carnival is open Fridays and Saturdays from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. and on Sundays from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. from now through October 27.
- After a visit to Hillside’s Demarest Farms, visitors might never look at fall apple orchards the same again. The farm and hayride are not for the faint of heart. Demarest Farms is open on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays through Halloween and on November 1 and November 2. Hayrides are available on Sunday, October 13 too. Online tickets are $25 while tickets at the farm are $30. Discounts available. So check the website.
- Scary Rotten Farms in Brick offers three petrifying excursions to choose from or go for all three. Individual activities are $18 with discounts available for combo options. Skip the line pricing on tap too.
- Trips through the Haunted Woods in Old Bridge begin on Friday, October 11 and run through Sunday, October 27. Hours are 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Sundays. Special twilight viewings without the added scare factor are on tap on Saturdays and Sundays from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Admission is a non-perishable food item to be donated to the Old Bridge Food Bank.
- Milltown’s annual Haunted River Walk takes place on October 24, October 25 and October 26. The creepy stroll along the town’s Mill Pond Path has a historic theme. Tickets are cash only with the proceeds going to the town’s eighth grade class.
- For a corn maze with a bloody twist, head to the Cornfield of Terror in Egg Harbor City. The scare-worthy maze is open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from now through October 27. Tickets are $18 for adults and $10 for kids 10 and under. Adult and kid combo tickets available.
TAPinto Franklin/Somerset has more than 30,000 monthly readers and will help you build your brand, improve your online presence. Packages include social media promotion, native content, clickable banner ads and D.I.Y. publication of events, press releases and more. Become a TAPinto Franklin/Somerset advertiser! Call (908) 279-0303, x257, or click here.