SOMERSET, NJ - The township issued an announcement informing the community of the total positive COVID-19 cases in Franklin, and a map to help track cases in Somerset County.
The text of the message can be found below:
The Township of Franklin would like to provide you with an update on COVID-19 and information on municipal services.
Office of Emergency Management
Positive COVID-19 Cases
Franklin Township 2010 population: 62,300
Franklin Township: 6 cases total
Fatalities reported in Franklin Township: 0 cases total
For a map of Somerset County NJ - COVID-19 Status click the link below.
The best way to protect yourself and your family from this coronavirus and other diseases is to follow simple daily health precautions:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Stay home when you are sick.
The New Jersey Department of Health is providing information to residents and has set up a 24/7 public hotline with the New Jersey Coronavirus & Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222.
For an updated case count of COVID-19 in Somerset County, please call 908-231-7111. For Somerset County specific updates, please visit www.co.somerset.nj.us/health
Since the situation is evolving, it is important to stay up to date by following trusted sources of information such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov, the World Health Organization at www.who.int, the New Jersey Department of Health at www.nj.gov/health, the Somerset County Department of Health at www.co.somerset.nj.us/health and the Franklin Township Homepage www.franklintwpnj.org