Five people were arrested last night at 123 Orleans Ave. at approximately 10:30 p.m. after members of the Olean Police Departments Emergency Response Team executed a Search Warrant initiated by Investigators from the Street Crimes Unit.
Investigators had received several complaints of drug traffic in and out of this apartment for the past month and conducted surveillance and controlled buys of Crack cocaine from this location and later requested a Search Warrant be signed by the Honorable Judge Ploetz.
The Drug raid was executed without incident. Eight persons were inside the apartment at the time Officers entered and three people who did not reside there were released. 10 individual bags of Crack Cocaine and one larger bag of Crack were seized along with Powder Cocaine, Prescription pills and Marijuana. Cash and Drug Paraphernalia were also taken as evidence from the apartment.
Investigators place the street value of the drugs seized at approximately $2000.00. All arrested were transported to the Olean Police Dept and are awaiting arraignment in City Court.
Names, ages, addresses and charges:
- Catherine N. Ensell, 28, 123 Orleans Ave., Olean. U.P.M., C.P.C.S. 7th, C.P.C.S. 3rd.
- Jachai K. Turner,19, 45 A. Street Buffalo, NY. U.P.M., C.P.C.S. 7th, C.P.C.S. 3rd.
- Joseph D. Vavrecan, 31, 123 Orleans Ave., Olean U.P.M., C.P.C.S. 7th, C.P.C.S. 3rd.
- Kristina Kelly, 33, 123 Orleans Ave., Olean U.P.M., C.P.C.S. 7th, C.P.C.S. 3rd.
- Janay D. Tarrant, 22, 89 Humber Ave., Buffalo C.P.C.S. 5th
# # #