Three Conference Road Games Will Test Local Football Teams.
As week five approaches three tough road games highlight another full week of action in Greater Olean.
On the Gridiron:
Olean enters week five with a (2-2) record. The Huskies have lost in two straight weeks and have another tough road game against an unbeaten Albion team. Olean will look to end their two-game skid with a win in conference play Friday at 7 p.m. in Albion.
Cuba- Rushford will face-off against a Haverling team with the same record (3-1). The Rebels who lost last week will attempt to bounce back Friday at 7 p.m. in Bath.
Allegany-Limestone lost again last week, making it two loses in a row and putting them at (1-3). The Gators scored 47 points in their week two win, but have only scored a combined 19 points in all three of their losses. They will head to Gowanda/ Pine Valley for a chance at their first win since week two. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. in Gowanda.
After a loss last week, Portville is now (0-4) on the year. The Panthers have been outscored by their opponents 120-24 in four games. They will play a conference game against Randolph/ Frewsburg which sits at just (1-3) on the year. Portville will have a great opportunity to grab their first win on Friday. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. in Randolph.
The City of Olean will dedicate the center field stage at Bradner Stadium to the late Dennis B. Jones on Wednesday at 4 p.m. Jones, an Olean realtor, was one of the driving forces behind the popular Rally in the Valley. In 2014, aided by the generosity of several organizations and individuals, The Rally in the Valley stage was constructed at the stadium.
To the Pitch:
Wednesday, Sept. 27
- Portville men’s soccer will take on Allegany-Limestone at 4:30 p.m. at Portville High School.
- Cuba- Rushford women’s soccer plays at Genesee Valley at 5 p.m. The men’s team will play two hours later at 7 p.m. also against the Jaguars.
- Hinsdale women’s soccer team will travel to Bolivar- Richburg to take on the Wolverines at 6 p.m.
- Olean men’s soccer will play at Dunkirk at 6 p.m.
Thursday, .Sept. 28
- A day later, Olean women’s soccer will also travel to Dunkirk for a match against the Marauders at 4 p.m.
- Portville women’s soccer goes to Cattaraugus- Little Valley for a 4:30 p.m. matchup with the Timberwolves
- Hinsdale men’s soccer team has an away match at Houghton Academy at 5 p.m.
- Allegany-Limestone women’s soccer team will head to Ellicottville for an away matchup at 5 p.m.
A rundown of this week's high school sports action in the Greater Olean area
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.