Early voting for the Nov. 5 general election begins Saturday.
The Cattaraugus County Board of Elections has scheduled two early voting sites:
- Jamestown Community College Olean Campus, Community Room in the College Center, 260 N. Union St., Olean.
- Cattaraugus County Board of Elections offices, 207 Rock City St., Suite 100, Little Valley.
The early voting days and times for both sites are:
- Saturday Oct. 26, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Sunday Oct. 27, noon until 5 p.m.
- Monday Oct. 28, noon until 8 p.m.
- Tuesday Oct. 29, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday Oct. 30, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Thursday Oct. 31, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Friday Nov. 1, noon until 8 p.m.
- Saturday Nov. 2, 9 a.m. -2 p.m.
- Sunday Nov. 3, noon until 5 p.m.
"Too many generations of New Yorkers have been discouraged from exercising their right to vote, and this year we enacted a series of new measures to fix that and help bring our voting laws into the 21st century," Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said.
"Early voting is just one of the many steps we've taken to break down barriers to democracy, and I encourage New Yorkers to take advantage of this opportunity to skip the lines on Election Day and ensure their voices are heard at the ballot box," he said.
For additional information, individuals should contact the county Board of Elections at 716-938-2400.
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.