OLEAN, NY – Restaurant applications for this year's Taste of Olean, a festival for the entire family featuring food, music, activities, art and fun are being accepted.
Over 50 restaurants in the Greater Olean area have been mailed applications for the 29th Annual Taste of Olean scheduled for July 28, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the fan favorite location, War Veterans Park, 551 E. State St.
The Taste of Olean is co-sponsored by the Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce, its 47 corporate sponsor and National Grid Co.The Taste of Olean is a festival filled with great food and entertainment. Admission to the event is free. Attendees pay as they eat.
For restaurants to qualify, they must be a public eating places whose primary commercial function is to serve food on a retail basis; offer seating at its principal place of business, and is open year round in the Greater Olean area. Regional and specialty foods, as well as food trucks, if interested in participating, will need to be approved by the Taste committee. For the 'Tastes' segment of the event, the committee is encouraging restaurants to present “tastes” of foods, not whole meals or sandwiches - smaller portions with affordable costs between 50 cents and $3.50.
The Taste committee has scheduled the following activities and entertainments to draw people to the fun-filled event:
- The Cattaraugus County Arts Council is accepting applications from regional artists to participate in the 70th Annual Art in the Park celebration, to be held in conjunction with the Taste.
- Olean Theatre Workshop will host a Taste of Talent, showcasing local talent.
- The Olean Family YMCA will host a children's area with inflatables. The all-day jump wristbands will be $6 a piece; family passes for up to five children will be $20.
- Eric Jones will be on site with his famous caricatures drawings. Balloon animals and face painting will also be available.
- Jamestown Community College Alumni Association will host the fourth Marketplace @ The Taste, a means of showcasing the best products from local food and catalog vendors including locally produced fruits and vegetable, packaged sauces, honey, mixes, jams, jellies, pies, cheeses, and more.
- The 13th annual Hospitality Wall of Fame will be awarded at the Taste. The Hospitality Wall of Fame recognizes individuals and/or businesses who have made a significant contribution and given exceptional service to the food service/ hospitality industry in the past and who may continue to do so
The cost for a restaurant to vend at the Taste of Olean is $225 for GOACC members and $275 for non-GOACC members. GOACC will not be selling taste tickets for foods and beverages; vendors will handle the cash transactions at their booths.
For more information on the Taste of Olean, call Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce at 716-372-4433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.